Any chance to have it for 001 Game Creator, GDevelop and Godot? Those are the engines I'm currently using.
A downloadable tool for Windows and macOS
GEON FX SUPPORTS GameMaker Studio 2 PARTICLE SYSTEM
GEON FX is the newest and the most advanced Particle Editor for GMS and GMS2. It allows you to quickly create stunning particle effects on Windows and Mac. Geon FX is developed by professionals with more than 13 years of experience in Game Maker. It comes with a set of scripts to import and play complex particle effects easily.
- For Windows and macOS
- Modern UI: angle picker, alpha slider and more other handy tools
- Supports all GameMaker: Studio and GameMaker Studio 2 particle functions including part_type_death() and part_type_step()
- Add infinite number of emitters and change their depth by swapping tabs
- Resize emitters and move altogether or one by one
- Load animated external sprites from strips or folders. Set origins and animation properties.
- Load background, move and tile it
- Resize or maximize editor window freely
- Undo and Redo your actions (Ctrl+Z / Ctrl+Y)
- Smart GML Export
- Add and play complex effects easily: geon_effect_add(), geon_effect_burst() and other functions included
- Free support and Updates
Please write a review if you like Geon FX and tell us your suggestions for improvement.
Changes in 0.9.0
New Editor Features
- GameMaker Studio 2 built-in shapes are supported now
- GameMaker Studio 2 GML export
- Settings Window
- Press TAB key to scroll through input fields
- Inputting .1 instead of 0.1 is now also allowed
- Click on the input field now always selects all input field contents
- Ctrl + D (or Command + D) to change any effect's depth
- Ctrl + R (or Command + R) to rename any effect
- Ctrl + T (or Command + T) to add new effect
- Double-clicking the emitter tab to change emitter's name
- Minor bug fixes
Geon FX scripts update
- GameMaker Studio 2 support
- YoYoCompiler support
- Backward compatibility for GMS particles in GMS 2
- More memory optimizations
Changes in 0.8.8
- New Helloween effects pack included
- Background image name, x, y are saved to .geon file now
- Emitter anchor point position is saved to .geon file too
- Background color is saved to Editor INI
- Duplicate effect function works correctly now
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Hi, I will have to take a look how much different their formats are and how to convert to them. What about built-in editors for those engines? Do they suck? I'm working on export to GIF and PNG strip right now.
Hi and thanks for your reply.
Honestly, I'm not a programmer, I'm a multimedia designer with my main focus on game art. So I don't use those engines often. I have them because I'm learning my way around (when I have some free time) and because the programmers I'm working with at the moments use them, so I need them for testing my assets, etc. I can't tell you much about how good their build-in editors are compared to GMS for example. Godot and Gdevelop are FOSS so you can download them and see. For 001 it's proprietary but they have a demo version (I think) so you can try that too. Anyway those three engines lacks stuffs like GeonFX, so I think it's almost a "open" market for you. You should take your chances ^_^. Ren'Py also being very popular, maybe you might wanna check that too.
I have bought GMS 1.4, two or three years ago, but I doubt I'll use it since I'm quite bad at coding, that mean I might not (maybe I'll change my mind later) aquire GeonFX for now.
Any chance you could make it compatible for Construct 2 or Clickteam Fusion?